Our Beginners Immersion and Foundation courses welcomes beginners to yoga or those who are finding their way back to yoga. This holistic form of exercise is for everybody and there are no prerequisites to start. With us by your side, you will begin a path that leads to integration or wholeness of your best self.
(Course start dates are listed at the bottom of this page)
Our highly qualified instructors will give you a thorough introduction to yoga that will provide the fundamentals to continue your own yoga journey into any style of yoga you choose. In this introductory beginners class, you will be taught the following:
- The foundations of the Ashtanga vinyasa yoga practice
- A little bit about the history and philosophy of yoga
- Practical techniques such as breathing and energy locks to help you develop your yoga practice
- How this practice can permeate your everyday life
The aim of our beginners courses are to guide you to cultivate a sustainable yoga self practice, or prepare you to attend any class on our timetable. Especially if you are new to yoga a beginners course has many advantages over simply turning up to an open level class.
The class numbers are limited, allowing the teacher to give a high degree of personal attention. We build the intensity up of the class slowly so it’s manageable. Each class builds on the skills learnt in the previous class. Everybody is a beginner and that makes the group dynamic very accepting and comfortable.
Committing to a course allows us to support you in developing a regular practice. A regular yoga practice will bring you the most benefit. The classes are focused on foundations such as correct alignment and yogic breathing which apply to most styles of yoga. The classes are all about asking questions and reviewing information. Your questions will be helpful to others.
Below is some information you may find useful
- Arrive 15 minutes early to your first class
- Let the teacher know if you have any injuries
- Bring a towel and a yoga mat, or use one of the studio mats
- Bring a bottle of water, and hydrate well before and after the class
- Eat lightly before the class if you are hungry, but avoid heavy meals.
- Wear light-weight stretchy clothing for better movement
- Stay right till the end of the class, relaxation is the most important part of the process
- Listen carefully to the teacher’s instructions, and don’t push beyond your limits and only participate to the degree you are comfortable.
- Ask questions! Our teachers are there for you
Testimonial from one of our recent students Eve
“This course is amazing! The teachers are so experienced and knowledgeable, passionate and inspiring. You can tell that a lot of work has been put into creating this course and it’s delivered and executed in such a well-thought-out and accessible way. I learned SO much from these guys, they ignited my fire and passion for yoga and this course really gave me a head start / leg up to developing a strong yoga practice. 5 stars ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “