Professional development course for yoga teachers, yoga teachers in training, psychologists, psychotherapists, counsellors, social workers and other health professionals.
This course will give you a better understanding and a greater capacity to work with clients, who might suffer from complex trauma, treatment resistant PTSD, anxiety and depression.
You will learn how to support trauma survivors to reconnect with their bodies in a supportive environment by helping them to feel safe, strong and comfortable.
Learn how to recognise and modulate your own autonomic nervous system responses while working with clients.
system responses while working with clients.
The course will cover
- How to use movement, yoga postures, mindfulness, breath and breath awareness to help the body ‘unlearn’ adaptations to trauma and process traumatic memory.
- A better understanding and greater ability to regulate your own nervous system responses in the context of working with people.
- The relationship of trauma and chronic stress to anxiety, panic attacks, depression, PTSD, ADHD, chronic diseases and addiction.
- Basic brain anatomy and physiology in relation to trauma and stress.
- What is resilience and how to strengthen it?
- The role of fight & flight responses, freeze & dissociative states and hypo arousal.
- Function and development of the brain structures and the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system based on the understanding of Stephen Porges’ Polyvagal and early childhood attachment theory.
The course is self-experiential, informative and fun.
Satyen, Physician & Transformational therapist.
Satyen holds a treasure trove of experience in working with people from all walks of life.
Besides being a Medical Doctor, he is a Transformational body oriented therapist with specific interest and education in trauma resolution through Somatic Experiencing ®.
He is a registered Level 3 senior yoga teacher and mentor with Yoga Australia® specialising in trauma informed yoga for PTSD, Anxiety and Depression.
Sunday 6th August 2023 | 11:45 to 3:45pm
Sunday 13th August 2023 | 11:45 to 3:45pm