What is Yoga and how is Trauma Sensitive Yoga Special?
Yoga is a non religious system of moving and breathing characterised by physical postures held for a brief period of time. Trauma Sensitive Yoga is an empirically validated clinical treatment for complex trauma and treatment resistant PTSD.
Trauma sensitive yoga works in conjunction with conventional clinical therapies to support healing by gently assisting survivors to reconnect with their bodies in a safe supportive environment. This unique yoga therapy supports the body to feel safe, strong and comfortable and teaches people how to recognise and modulate arousal that is felt in the body.
Our 6 week Healcode course effectively brings the body into treatment providing a holistic compliment to conventional talk therapies and can help support healing and recovery by:
- Soothing the body’s alarm system
- Learning ways to calm down and self regulate
- Learning to be present and cultivate positive emotions
- Increasing spatial awareness and body attunement
- Practising making choices and taking effective action
- Decreasing experiences of emotional distress and physical symptoms
- Reduce activation of sympathetic nervous system, muscle tension & blood pressure
- Improves emotional regulation skills and impulse control
Healcode is held at the beautiful Yogahub in Mount Hawthorn. The studio space is a peaceful and serene with plenty of natural light, wood floors and indoor greenery, with all yoga equipment supplied. The studio is well located to public transport, free parking and local cafes.
This course is designed to support participants who are already undergoing therapy. Speak to your health professional today about your suitability for the Healcode Trauma Sensitive Yoga Course at Yogahub.
This course includes 6 classes over seven weeks. Dates for this course include:
Saturday 16th July – 6 consecutive weeks
11am to 12pm